Nigeria is a country with diverse languages and cultures, from the Yoruba tribe to the Igbo and Hausa to over 200 other ethnic tribes. It is not just the most populous country in Africa for no reason, if you ever want to visit a country in Africa, Nigeria should be one you should not miss out on. There are lots of tourist attraction centers in Nigeria, in fact visiting Nigeria teaches you more about the African culture and values. Nigeria is indeed blessed with a lot of Natural resources from crude oil, cocoa, gold and many more.
Today we will be discussing about some of Nigeria’s beautiful and exciting tourist destinations, we have combined together about 11 destinations you can visit in the country as a tourist traveler or even for an excursion.
1) Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar: Obudu Cattle Ranch also known as Obudu Mountain Resort is one of Nigeria’s finest and most interesting tourist destination, it is located South-South region of the country, it is a perfect destination for holidays and honeymoon vacation. Obudu Cattle Ranch also offers a various number of sporting activities from Horse riding, hiking on the hills and many more. This resort has a variety of Mountain villa cabins, with lots of basic amenities to carter for your needs.
- La Campagne Tropicana: fondly called nature lovers paradise is an African themed beach resort with various magnificent local like chalets, this place speaks more of the African culture with its traditional architectural designs. It is such a peaceful location and a great choice for people who needs to take a break from work life to relax.
- Yankari Games Reservation: The Yankari wildlife park is located in northeastern part of Nigeria. It is an accommodation to different wild animals like elephants, lions and monkeys. It has amazing and comfortable rooms. If you are a lover of the northern part of Nigeria, this should be one place you visit.
- Olumo Rock: The famous Olumo rock is one of the most visited tourist destination in Nigeria, it is located in the western part of Nigeria, it has a lot of historical values for natives of the Abeokuta town because it was known to be a citadel of protection during the days of wars. It as since then been renovated for the ease of tourist who intends visiting
- Idanre Hills: The Idanre Hills is one destination of the heart, it offers both traditional, cultural and physical hiking experience all in one. This hill has about 682 steps with about 5 resting points, it is located in Ondo state of Nigeria, if you are a lover of nature you’ll definitely love visiting the Idanre hills, it is such a beautiful place and the people living there are said to be very nice and accommodating.
- Zuma Rock: Having talked about the Idanre hills and Olumo rock, the Zuma rock is one of those places that shouldn’t be left out. It is very fascinating because the rock is said to have the facial features of a human with a very visible eyes, nose and mouth. Some of the activities you get to do includes: horse riding, swimming, golfing, bicycles.
- Nike Art Gallery: This is one of the popular tourist attraction in Lagos, Nigeria, it has about 7,000 museum art pieces by various artists honouring Nigeria’s talents. This place also offers a guest house for tourists who intends to stay overnight. Nike art centre is a magnificent gallery and a must visit for lovers of art
- Lekki Conservation centre: If you want to take a break from the hustling and bustling city of lagos, the conservative centre is the place to go to. It is a spring nature surrounded by beautiful trees and monkeys, tortoise and rare birds. Some of the few things you get to do are canopy walk, climb up the tree house.
- Tarkwa Bay Beach: The Tarkwa bay beach is one of the most invigorating beaches you can find in Lagos, it can only be accessed by boarding a boat. A great place to relax with family and friends. It is located on the island of Lagos.
- Olumirin waterfalls: The Olumirin waterfalls is one consecrated destination in Nigeria that offers hiking, waterfall chasing and camping. It is the only waterfall in Nigeria that has about 7 different waterfalls in different layers, you’ll practically be visiting two states because part of the waterfalls leads to Ekiti and another to Osun, a visit to this place is totally worth your while
- Osun Sacred Groove: This is one of the highest rank tourist destination in Nigeria, in this place you’ll find different shrines, deities dispersed in the forest. It is said to be the home of the osun goddess of ‘fertility’. This consecrated forest inhabits a lot of tourist all over the world. This forest has different kind of plants which are used for medicinal purpose
In conclusion we hope you get to explore the various Nigeria tourist centre. You don’t necessarily need to travel abroad to have fun, the fun you might actually can just be few miles away from. Aspomtravels is always at your service if you wish to explore these beautiful places in Nigeria.